Our warmest aloha to you. We’d like to share our vision with you. Our little church has been serving our local community for over 40 years reaching out to many in need. We have enriched and uplifted many lives through our projects in health awareness, education and children’s ministries, food distribution programs and of course, biblical spiritual teaching. We want to remodel and reconfigure our facilities in order to serve more effectively. With this in mind, our motto for 2008 is: “Building Upon the Past, Preparing For the Future”.
Our programs include:
· Bible Studies: Group and personal bible studies, prison and hospital visits
· Mission Outreach: supporting evangelistic efforts locally and abroad
· Prayer Ministries: Active and ongoing prayer groups
· Community Wellness: Health and lifestyle change seminars – Coronary Health Improvement Project, vegetarian cooking classes, stop smoking clinics
· Family Ministries: Crisis intervention, counseling, education subsidies
· Women’s Ministries: Women Helping Women, assistance for single parents
· Homeless and Needy: Food and clothing distribution, work referral program
· Children’s Ministries: Pathfinders (scouting), Adventist Youth in Action, vacation bible school
In this spirit of service, our members have set before us a most challenging and worthy goal – the expansion of our sanctuary, offices and community service rooms so that we can help make a difference in many more lives on a daily basis. With the expansion of the facility, we will be able to better assist our community and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ by enlarging our present programs and implementing new ones.
Today we ask you to join us in this challenge of raising $835,000 to expand the complex. Our church family has lovingly and faithfully raised close to one-half the needed amount—a miracle never before seen within our humble 150 member congregation. Because of faith, zeal and a sincere commitment to God great things are being accomplished. Now we turn to you and your generous spirit to help us meet this challenge. Construction is scheduled to begin this coming spring so time is of the essence.
We are truly “Building Upon the Past, Preparing For the Future”. With your willingness to help, you are continuing the legacy; changing lives and making futures brighter.
With sincere appreciation,
Pastor Juan Rivera